- All teams will receive a virtual startup capital of US$80,000.
- Only the Team Leader is given the access rights to execute trades on behalf of the team. The remaining members will be granted view-only access rights. An error message - "order submission not allowed" will appear if you try to execute a trade.
- Teams can only place orders during the trading hours of the various ASEAN exchanges.
|Exchanges||Trading Hours (UTC/GMT + 8)|
|SGX||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Bursa Malaysia||9:00am - 12:30pm, 2:30pm - 5:00pm|
|IDX|| Monday-Thursday: 10:30am - 1:00pm, 2:30pm- 5:00pm |
Friday: 10:30am - 12:30pm, 3:00pm - 5:00pm
|SET||11:00am -1:30pm, 3:30pm - 5:40pm|
|HKEx||9:30am - 4:00pm|
- All foreign currency exchange will happen at the fixed rates below.
- 1.35 SGD (Singapore Dollar) to US$1
- 4.20 RM (Malaysia Ringgit) to US$1
- 33.10 THB (Thailand Baht) to US$1
- 13203 IDR (Indonesia Rupiah) to US$1
- 7.81 HKD (Hong Kong Dollar) to US$1
- Trading is executed real-time and will only be fulfilled against orders in the underlying market. (i.e. trades fulfilled in a day will not be able to exceed the total volume traded in the market)
- Teams' credit balance will be offset against a BUY order. Balances from UNMATCHED orders will be re-credited to the team account.
- Any credit due for SELL orders will only be re-credited immediately to the team's account when the order is MATCHED.
- All orders shall be considered as LIMIT orders and are GOOD FOR DAY. At the end of the day, all unmatched orders will expire.
- Teams may only cancel/revise the quantity of the purchase if the orders have not been matched.
- No odd lots may be traded.
- No short selling is allowed.
- Each trade will incur trading fees as follows :
All % figures are based on gross value unless otherwise stated.
|SGX||0.275% (minimum of S$25)|| Clearing fee: 0.0325% |
SGX Access fee : 0.0075%
7% GST on commission, clearing fees & SGX trading fees)
|Bursa||0.5% (minimum of RM60)|| 0.03% (maximum of RM1,000) Stamp duty of 0.1% (maximum of RM200) |
6% GST on commission and clearing fees
|SET||0.4% (Min BHT 500)||VAT 0.0035%|
|IDX||0.4% (Min RP 150,000)|| Trading levy: 0.043% + VAT: 0.005% |
Sell withholding tax: 0.10%
|HKEx||0.25% (min commission of HKD50)|| Trading fee: 0.005% + Trading levy: 0.0027% |
Stamp duty: 0.1%
- Only products listed in the native currency of the exchange are available for trade (i.e. Singapore Dollar denominated products on the SGX, Malaysia Ringgit denominated products on Bursa, Thailand Baht denominated products on SET, Indonesia Rupiah denominated products on IDX and Hong Kong Dollar denominated products on HKEx).
- Warrants will not be part of the Challenge.
- Teams have no right to exercise warrants or to convert any loan stocks or subscription to rights of any kind.
- The only corporate actions to be taken into account will be Dividend, Bonus and Stock split.
- Any dividend income will be payable to teams on the ex-dividend date.
- The only language of use will be English
- Participating teams are required to have a minimum of one trade.
- Participants shall trade on the mainboards with no restrictions on foreign investor ownership as applied by each individual's country and exchange regulations.
- Participants are encouraged to use data mining techniques to forecast the financial stock market when trading. Hence, we have added the following new judging criteria for the Grand Finale to further test participants' analytical skills:
- Use of Predictive Analytics tools: Finalist teams will be assessed on their ability to use data mining techniques to forecast share price movement based on historical data.
- Trades will be accepted only via the following trading platforms:
- NEW FEATURE: Participants will be able to trade via a mobile app, CIMB ASEAN Stock Challenge 2.0 which is available on both Android 4.2 and above, and iOS 8.0 or later.
Please note that 23 Oct 2017 is a public holiday in Thailand, hence SET will be closed for the day.
Team ranking as of 20/10/2017. Click here to access it.
Team ranking as of 17/10/2017. Click here to access it.
Please note that 18 Oct 2017 is a public holiday in Singapore and Malaysia, hence SGX and Bursa will be closed for the day.
The heat is on as we enter into the second week of the Challenge! Strategise and trade on the go via the ASC 2017 app that's available on both iOS and Android!
Team ranking as of 13/10/2017. Click here to access it.
Team ranking as of 11/10/2017. Click here to access it.
Find out your team's latest ranking in the Challenge after 7pm every Wed & Fri!
Pls note that the Transaction Cost Calculator has been updated. Use it to calculate the transaction cost for every matched trade in the 5 exchanges! Click here to access it.
The CIMB ASEAN Stock Challenge 2.0 officially begins today! It'll run for 3 weeks till 27 Oct 2017. Strive for cash prizes totalling US$40K PLUS a trip to the Tokyo Stock Exchange Japan for this year's winners!
The CIMB ASEAN Stock Challenge 2.0 mobile app is now available on both Apple Store and Play Store!
Registration ends today at 11:59PM! There will strictly be no extension of deadline, so grab your last chance to sign up for this Challenge!
Download the ASC 2017 mobile app on Android today! We're working on the iOS app; pls stay tuned for the latest update within this week!
The CIMB ASEAN Stock Challenge 2.0 Trial Period is now on till 6 Oct! Login to your account and familarise with the platform to gear up for the real deal on 9 Oct!
Due to overwhelming responses, we have decided to extend the registration period till 6 Oct 2017.
Get an additional virtual capital of USD20K, on top of the USD80K capital given to each team, by registering before 23 Sept 2017.
The CIMB ASEAN Stock Challenge 2.0 will be launched soon! Form your team of 2-3 pax and sign up between 18 Sept to 29 Sept 2017. Please note that participating teams should come from the same university.